Sunday, December 17, 2006

Goodbye dear Angel.


Today we lost a family pet. Angel our black triggerfish died. We had her for 8 years. She was really a good fun pet. I dont know what went wrong but I am hoping it was old age and was her time. She seemed to develope a throat problem where she couldnt swallow her food anymore. Possibly a tumor or something. I couldnt bear to watch her suffering anymore so I begged my dh David to ease her pain by following my friend Molly's directions for sending her to fishy heaven.


Later today we buried her in the back yard under my japanese maple next to her loving pal Fred who died a couple of years back before her.


I will miss her greatly.


We all had a good cry and talked about the day we brought her home from the pet store in 99 along with Fred and how small they were....


It was a good memory and a good way to end the service.


3 comments:

Tam, I am said...

I am very sorry that you lost her.

Jessica said...

ah Steph, it's so hard to lose a pet, and when we had fish I loved them too! 8 years is a very long time for her to live, I am sure it was a good life! HUGS!

kat said...

oh no :(
sorry about your fishy friend...