Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Its almost time!


I am really ready for this holiday season to be over. I am the grinch this year for sure. Im just exhausted and not into it. I am ONLY doing it for the kids lol. If it wasnt for them I wouldnt even have my tree up yet. I know that sounds terrible and I dont mean to be that way but I am still not feeling up to my old self. I thought if I just go through the motions then it will eventually hit me... well I am still motioning. Nothing yet.


I hate to report that I think my Black Trigger Fish Angel is on her way out. I am not sure what is wrong with her exactly but she is not eating well and is very gaunt. She is a large fish and normally has a HUGE appetite so this is sad. She lost her teeth and I dont know if its old age or disease or both but now she cant seem to suck her food into her mouth. I kills me to watch her deteriorate. Id rather it be quick. I am about to the point that I will not have any pets after the ones I have now pass on. Its even heartbreaking to loose a fish. She is 7 years old which I think is pretty darn good for a saltwater fish. But I am not ready to lose her ya know? She has been with me so long. She is a PART of this home. SIGH.


I made a stupid mistake while online shopping this week. I hit the enter button twice on an order (a BIG one) and I got two sets of boxes. Of course its heavy shit too. So I will have to mail one set back for refunds.... grrrrrr. Dumb. Be careful girls.


The family has been invited to a Dec. 23rd holiday get together at my husband's sister's house Bernadette. It should be fun. She lives a bit away though and somehow I always get to be the designated driver for these events !!! ha ha.


Dh has a little hope left to actually GET the degree this year. He has to take his Comm 101 exam again on Monday. He took it a few weeks ago and got an 82. He needed an 85 to pass that part. I think they should have given it to him. To me if you can take an exam for a class that you havnt taken and get an 82 after studying for 2 days you deserve the credit right? Its up to the head of the dept. though and for some reason she doesnt want to give my dh a break at all..... He convinced her that the test was not current enough to go along with the newer book so she is going to revise it and give it to him Monday! EEK! Pray for him. He needs a break. WE need a break. He has worked so hard.


It would be nice to have him back as a regular dad this last year before our son goes to college.

The photo is of my brother John in Iraq. He is in the Air Force and will be spending Christmas listening to the sounds of mortar fire all around.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ugh! I hate when I do that! I have done that before. Was out like 32 bucks in shipping. I could have punches someone.

I don't think its just you, no one around me seems to be counting the days until Xmas, just until its over ha ha!

Jessica said...

wow steph! I hope the holiday spirit hits you soon, so tough! I'm praying for your hubby too! :) good luck to him!

sorry about the double order, yikes!!!!!! hope it won't be too expensive on you to return. :(

it's not much longer, HUGS and hang in there!